Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

If you are here for the first time you may choose to browse through the following:


My CAIRO CAPERS & DUBAI DARSHAN (2009)
My stories on MSN/iVarta (2008)
My AFGHANISTAN DIARY, (2007),
My BUSY BEE COLUMNS ( 2006 - 07),
My MUSINGS (2004-2006)
My NEWSLETTERS for my children
My CARTOONS
My PUBLISHED ARTCLES


But if you are tired of reading, refresh yourself with a round of Hangman... Or just shut your eyes and enjoy some good Music.

Whatever you do, please leave a message on the Message Board before you go. I'd love it !

Friday, September 18, 2009

GO, GAYA, GONE


“Okay now tell me how you pronounce the alphabet ‘J’."
“That would be ‘G’ as in ‘GO’.”
“So effectively Jo becomes ‘Go’ and Jaya become ‘Gaya’. You are 'gone' Ma’m and so is Sir.”

Shreyash had been at it again. Pulling their legs.

“So what is your favourite colour?”
“Bink”
And what is the colour of eggplant?
“Burple?”
What vegetable did you put in that Batate?
“Botatoes”
“And this keema is from big I bresume...”
“ No No not bork”
“What other drink can you offer me beside Tamarhindi and Kahrup? Bebsi?”

“Big deal,”
Shereen had got the drift by now. "You are pulling our leg because we can’t say “p” clearly. We can if we want to. Only it doesn’t come all that naturally. Now you try saying Ahmed, Khaleed and Ali...”

Shreyash was stumped. Even after making the most meaningful grunts through his throat he couldn’t get a single one right.

I personally find this mispronunciations or the inability to form certain words utterly charming. I have raised a few eyebrows Bengalifying every language I speak. I maintain that as my specialty these days.

“But we can’t help it, can we? We learnt all our words the way it is in Koran. There is no bink in Koran.”

Shereen, the girl with not one but a million funny bones left us cracking with laughter yet again.

1 comment:

Rush said...

lol...there was some good pulling going on here Gaya!!
included u on my must readers list - http://memoirsofeverdaylife.blogspot.com/2009/05/thankyou-all.html

COPYSCAPE

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape