Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

If you are here for the first time you may choose to browse through the following:


My CAIRO CAPERS & DUBAI DARSHAN (2009)
My stories on MSN/iVarta (2008)
My AFGHANISTAN DIARY, (2007),
My BUSY BEE COLUMNS ( 2006 - 07),
My MUSINGS (2004-2006)
My NEWSLETTERS for my children
My CARTOONS
My PUBLISHED ARTCLES


But if you are tired of reading, refresh yourself with a round of Hangman... Or just shut your eyes and enjoy some good Music.

Whatever you do, please leave a message on the Message Board before you go. I'd love it !

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Que Sera Dubai?


Dubai’s fortune, which has been on the rise for the last two decades, is today reeling under the effect of global recession. Is the bubble of Middle East’s showcase metro about to burst? I reported this from Dubai several months ago...but as usual the article didn't come out on time...So what you read here may seem a bit stale. But there are some interesting facts that have not been reported before...Check this story out before you trash it. Que Sera Dubai?


2 comments:

goggly said...

Hi Jaya

I did read your article same day but decided to reply once i return from dubai. I would have prefered that this article would have appeared under psuedo name than your real name. You know the reasons.

Issue of The Economist has covered this in nice manner.It says Dubai next door emirate Abu Dhabi has 92 Billion Oil reserves and US$300 Billion of assets while Dubai's debt is US$80 Billion, almost US$11B due this year and US$12,4B next year. It says Abu Dhabi already bought 10B bonds of Dunai .

In nutshell, one emirates has most of the assets while other has most of the liabilities.

But as long as these two live and exist in harmony, Dubai can overcome the crisis as consolidated balance sheet would take care of Dubai woes.

Dubai has hsitorical ties with India, Iran whose three generations have made Dubai a home. And they would continue to be there unlike those who came with moneybags and go with moneybags.

I do hope Dubai Govt would consider loyalty of these people and award them permanent residency. Dubai needs robust domestic population than migrant ones.

regards

milind

Rush said...

wat u saying?? me likes ur webpage...will check the article out now!!

COPYSCAPE

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape