Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

If you are here for the first time you may choose to browse through the following:


My CAIRO CAPERS & DUBAI DARSHAN (2009)
My stories on MSN/iVarta (2008)
My AFGHANISTAN DIARY, (2007),
My BUSY BEE COLUMNS ( 2006 - 07),
My MUSINGS (2004-2006)
My NEWSLETTERS for my children
My CARTOONS
My PUBLISHED ARTCLES


But if you are tired of reading, refresh yourself with a round of Hangman... Or just shut your eyes and enjoy some good Music.

Whatever you do, please leave a message on the Message Board before you go. I'd love it !

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

ROAD SAFETY ? WHAT CAN I DO?

6 % of the world's road accident deaths happen in India even when it has only 1 % of the world's road vehicles. According to a BBC report (2005), 1 person dies every 6 minutes; 10 are injured in the same time frame [BBC; Sep 2005]. India's share of global car accidents continues to remain as high as 10% while the financial losses - Financial losses due to road traffic injuries are around Rs 550 bn (approx 3% of GDP).

But who wants to discuss 'Road Safety' when there are so many burning issues beleaguering us? It is surprising how significantly it is linked to the present moment and especially our peculiar mindset – which needs an overhaul before anything else – an idea worth mulling over.

Tomorrow it could be someone dear to us who falls victim to our gross negligence but we will not stir from our stupor and our smug irresponsibility “What can we do?” is the question like always – “Look at the roads, the inept drivers, the corrupt agencies that give licence to all and sundry, and the trucks and buses that ply around like hell has broken loose – what can we do to stop it all? “ - The absolving logic.

We can do simple things to get back a little control in our life. Whatever that might be it has to start with personal accountability. To take a small baby step in that direction we can install a small GPS system that will take care of most of the road hazards. Read my LATEST STORY which has been very well received so far.

No comments:

COPYSCAPE

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape