Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

WELCOME TO MY BLOG

If you are here for the first time you may choose to browse through the following:


My CAIRO CAPERS & DUBAI DARSHAN (2009)
My stories on MSN/iVarta (2008)
My AFGHANISTAN DIARY, (2007),
My BUSY BEE COLUMNS ( 2006 - 07),
My MUSINGS (2004-2006)
My NEWSLETTERS for my children
My CARTOONS
My PUBLISHED ARTCLES


But if you are tired of reading, refresh yourself with a round of Hangman... Or just shut your eyes and enjoy some good Music.

Whatever you do, please leave a message on the Message Board before you go. I'd love it !

Saturday, January 13, 2007

A POEM

The millennium they say is passing,
That means a thousand years, not a matter laughing.
Are ten centuries difficult to calculate,
Or would you prefer a hundred decades?

They start counting from the birth of Christ,
But even before that, time did exist.
I am not talking of the Ape Man, or baboon,
Maybe when man had learnt the use of the spoon.

A lot has happened in the last thousand years,
More bad than good one sometimes fears.
Too many wars and violence it did breed,
Greed and hatred was the seed.

The cleverness of man knows no bound,
Discoveries of technology do astound.
Man has tried to harness nature now,
And not to live with it, like the our elders knew how.

Creativity of course, ran a full course,
Paintings, sculpture, verse and prose,
Music, dance and drama bloomed,
Cinema and television, the latest, zoomed.

My children, we hope to leave you a world replete,
Where man will not know jealousy and greed,
Where man learns to cohabit with nature,
Where song and laughter will greet the future.

We win some and loose some,
But remember, where there is hope,
A will to dream and do,
People have succeeded, and so will you.

No comments:

COPYSCAPE

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape